Re: Issues getting OpenRefine 2.6 to work

Message has been deleted

Owen Stephens

Jan 26, 2016, 10:46:29 AM1/26/16
to OpenRefine
Hi Christy,

Which browser are you using? If you try a different browser, does that help?

Owen

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 3:44:39 PM UTC, disne...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

I have been using Google Refine 2.5 and it works great. I however wanted to try out new features of MarcEdit that work with OpenRefine so thought I would try again using the 2.6 version. I cant get it to work. In trying to open a basic csv it opens but I dont get the create project button (see attachment Capture2.png vs Capture3.png

I also cant get a MARC file to open into OpenRefine at all but that could be my not understanding how that is suppose to work.

Does anyone know why the Create Project button doesnt show up in 2.6 but is fine in 2.5?

Thank you!

Christy

Message has been deleted

disne...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2016, 12:47:33 PM1/26/16
to OpenRefine
I am using Firefox, the only other option I have is Explorer, I figured it would be worse. How do you choose what browser it opens into?

Martin Magdinier

Jan 26, 2016, 8:38:38 PM1/26/16
to openrefine
Which version of OpenRefine are you using. This should be fixed in OpenRefine 2.2 rc1 (see here: You can read more here: https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/issues/871)

Can you also check the language settings from the home page. This could be due to a missing translation. If it is on default can you try to switch it to English.

Martin

Owen Stephens

Jan 27, 2016, 4:30:08 AM1/27/16
to OpenRefine
In terms of working with MARC records, it might be worth starting a separate thread for that?
You've got a few options which I could explain in more detail but it would be good to get some more background on what you are trying to do with the MARC records.

Owen

Andrea Zanni

Feb 16, 2016, 10:33:04 AM2/16/16
to OpenRefine
I don't see the attachments,
but I also tried to upgrade to 2.6, but I don't see many buttons (and test).
I had to downgrade to Google Refine 2.5 (which works great for me).

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04, using Firefox.

Andrea