Reconciliation with types fails silently

Viktor Illmer

Apr 27, 2022, 6:08:11 AM4/27/22
to OpenRefine
Hi everyone!

I’m having issues with reconciling against an internal Wikibase instance via openrefine-wikibase. I’m using OpenRefine 3.6 (7d10596) and a v2 manifest.
The problem I’m facing is that there are no results at all when reconciling against a particular type (though type suggestions are available and correct). Reconciliation works when choosing “Reconcile against no particular type”. There are no errors in the console. Does anybody know what the reason could be?

Best wishes,
Viktor

Owen Stephens

Apr 27, 2022, 8:50:10 AM4/27/22
to OpenRefine
I can't be 100% sure this is the problem you are seeing, but infortunately there are issues with the reconciliation process if you specify to reconcile against a type which has a large number of subtypes (for example in Wikidata there is a problem using Q5: Human). The issue is on the Wikibase side rather than on the OpenRefine side - see https://github.com/wetneb/openrefine-wikibase/issues/131

The only way of avoiding this is either to reconcile against no particular type (as you found) or use a more specific type

Best wishes

Owen

Just for reference (it has no further information I don't think), see also this thread https://groups.google.com/g/openrefine/c/lJK88xR1DGU/m/umvnAEk0AQAJ where another person was having the issue