Now Hiring: OpenRefine Part Time Project Director

magdmartin

Nov 8, 2021, 9:47:02 AM11/8/21
to OpenRefine
Hello all!

We are hiring a part-time project director to support and strengthen our governance and continue to engage at an organizational level with our partners and community. The project director’s primary responsibility will be to lead the community by
  • Improving our governance and community diversity;
  • Formalizing the project roadmap;
  • Ensuring the project’s financial sustainability by searching for new sources of funding;
  • Supporting the advisory committee in the day-to-day operations.
The job posting is available on our website: https://openrefine.org/blog/2021/11/05/Project-director.html

Not certain your credentials are a 100% match with the position description? Please apply anyway!

We will also be grateful if you can share it with relevant friends or coworkers or post it on your community mailing list or discussion group.

TL;TR.

Starting in 2019, OpenRefine explored a new sustainability model by leveraging grants and corporate sponsorship. Three years into that process, OpenRefine is now fiscally sponsored by Code for Science & Society Inc and secured four significant grants from three different organizations (Google News Initiative, CZI and Wikimedia Foundation). As a result, the project matured with the creation of the Advisory, Steering, and Code of Conduct committees and started hiring contractors to advance our roadmap. During that time, we went through tremendous growth as we doubled the number of active contributors, increased the number of languages translated, and continued to see more users relying on OpenRefine.

The project director will develop OpenRefine’s existing governing bodies over the next 24 months, focusing on bringing users and institutions into the project’s governance and increasing diversity along geographic, racial, and ethnic axes in governance. We want to develop a stronger sense of community among contributors, encouraging long-term commitment to the project and attracting new contributors.

Having someone dedicating her or his (part-time) attention to growing OpenRefine is an important milestone for the project. Thank you to all our contributors, community members, and users. Without your continuous support (and patience), we will not be there today.

The job posting is available on our website: https://openrefine.org/blog/2021/11/05/Project-director.html