Limit rows for API calls

Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay

Jul 17, 2021, 9:06:13 AM7/17/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

As you know, free API calls for many data sources are limited by time frame (daily, hourly, monthly) and the API we are interested here limits API for free as 1000 calls per day (in 24 hrs and possibly through IP authentication).

The question is that we are not getting any suitable way in OR version 3.4.1 or 3.5 Beta to select the first thousand rows for the API call on day 1, next thousand calls on day 2 and so on except manually STARing thousand rows and then selecting STARed rows (painful :( ).

Is there any way out to select a set of rows by numbers (say first 100, next 100 and so on)?

Best regards

Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Professor, Department of Library and Information Science,
University of Kalyani, Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India

Jevon, Graham

Jul 17, 2021, 9:18:52 AM7/17/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Parthasarathi

Could you add a new column using the expression: row.index+1

That would number rows from 1 to x

Then you could use a numeric facet on that column to select rows 1-1000 today

Tomorrow you could select rows 1001-2000

And so on

Best wishes

Graham

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postm...@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
Think before you print

Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay

Jul 17, 2021, 9:31:46 AM7/17/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jevon.

This solution is working like a charm. :)

Thanks a ton.

Best regards

Thad Guidry

Jul 17, 2021, 10:53:49 AM7/17/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com

Duketiana Travels & Tours

Jul 17, 2021, 2:36:41 PM7/17/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Good day y'all,

Please is there anywhere I can do a remote internship?

I just finished my data science course which includes openrefine.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Abiodun O|Senior Travel Consultant

T:  08099448682