How to load a custom ontology to use it in sample data conversion

samir jamadar

Jul 24, 2018, 7:34:00 AM7/24/18
to OpenRefine
Hi,
I am using Google refine 2.5 with rdf-extension. When I try to load my custom ontology named "JEMEntitiySH.ttl". It accepts the file but  loading goes to infinite mode. the sample content is:

## SPACE HIERARCHY CLASSES ##

:Location a owl:Class;
rdfs:label "Location"@en ;
skos:definition "master class of all nodes in space diagram"@en .
:Organization a owl:Class ;
rdfs:label "Organization"@en ;
skos:definition ""@en .

Also, when I load pre-defined vocabularies like foaf, skos, etc. The intellisense is not appearning. Please help!
Untitled.png

Thad Guidry

Jul 24, 2018, 10:51:52 AM7/24/18
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if this will help you progress, but...

Can you backup your workspace...then try our newer OpenRefine 3.0 RC1 and also the improved RDF extension ?

RDF extension v1.0.0-rc2 for OpenRefine 3.0+ RDF Refine - an improved fork of OpenRefine extension for exporting RDF stkenny http://www.dri.ie/

You can see updated OpenRefine and also extensions further down on our download page:

-Thad

samir jamadar

Jul 25, 2018, 10:29:33 AM7/25/18
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi friend,
Thanks for your reply. But when used above open refine and new rdf extension (which you mentioned above) I am getting the exception(PFA):

What I need to do to get out of that? Please help...
Untitled1.png

Stuart Kenny

Jul 25, 2018, 11:32:25 AM7/25/18
to OpenRefine
Hi, this looks to be the same error as reported in https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/issues/1636 caused by old incompatible extensions in the extensions directory.

samir jamadar

Jul 25, 2018, 11:37:31 PM7/25/18
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friend,
Thanks a lot for your valuable information. It works very well.

But, My Original problem is still not yet resolved As I am trying to import my custom vocabulary. This time in Open refine  3.0 the 'Advanced' button is un-clickable (see Untitled3.png). But, When I tried it with Google refine 2.5 It gives me the Exception called java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException (see Untitled4.png) Please help me to resolve that.

Untitled3.png
Untitled4.png

Stuart Kenny

Jul 26, 2018, 6:06:02 AM7/26/18
to OpenRefine
Hi, thanks for the update. I've opened an issue and will take a look at fixing the problem.

Regards,
Stuart.

Stuart Kenny

Jul 30, 2018, 7:23:07 AM7/30/18
to OpenRefine
Hi, this release fixes the problem with adding prefixes through file upload: https://github.com/stkenny/grefine-rdf-extension/releases/tag/v1.0.0-rc3

You will need to be using OpenRefine 3.0-rc.1.

Regards,
Stuart.

Thad Guidry

Jul 30, 2018, 9:47:29 AM7/30/18
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Stuart, awesome work !

BTW, would you be interested in the future on working on bringing the RDF extension into our core ?  We plan on completely changing our UI later this year and next and the RDF extension is one of our most popular and we had plans to pull it into core (no longer treat as extension) and give it a new UI and mode of operation.  Are you interested in that work perhaps next year ?

Stuart Kenny

Jul 30, 2018, 10:46:34 AM7/30/18
to OpenRefine
Hi, yes I'd be interested in contributing to that. Would be nice to have this as a core function.

Thanks,
Stuart.

qi

Jul 31, 2018, 9:29:21 PM7/31/18
to OpenRefine

Great! Thank a lot, Stuart!

samir jamadar

Aug 6, 2018, 1:30:27 AM8/6/18
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Thaks friends for your kind help.. ! It really helped a lot.