OpenRefine will NOT participate in Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2021

Tom Morris

Feb 23, 2021, 12:37:44 PM2/23/21
to openref...@googlegroups.com
We are strong supporters of the Summer of Code, and intern/mentor
programs in general, but we've made the difficult decision to not
participate this year due to a lack of resources.

We continue to welcome new contributors to open source and to the
OpenRefine project and will be working to make it easier to quickly
become a productive contributor. If you are a student interested in
data wrangling and data quality, we encourage you to stick around, but
if you are specifically interested in GSoC 2021, we'll understand if
you turn your attention to other projects which might be selected.

As a reminder, no one knows who will be in the selected list of
organizations until they are announced March 9, but previous
participants are likely candidates and organizations will often
advertise whether or not they have applied to participate (we have not
applied).

Good luck to all the students who plan to apply this year! We hope to
see you back here next year.

Best regards,
The OpenRefine Team

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Feb 24, 2021, 9:25:22 AM2/24/21
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tom for the update! In addition let me mention here that we will
not participate to this summer's Outreachy round either, for the same
reasons.

Best,
Antonin