Releasing 3.5-beta

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

May 20, 2021, 3:47:02 AM5/20/21
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Unless there are any concerns I will release 3.5-beta in about a week.
The goal is just to start the release process for this version and then
iterate with a few release candidates until we get something stable.

Let me know if you are aware of anything that we should wait for.

Best,
Antonin

Thad Guidry

May 20, 2021, 8:47:51 AM5/20/21
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good.
I’ll do the Windows testing.

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

May 29, 2021, 7:10:22 AM5/29/21
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The 3.5-beta1 version is now released. Let us know if you find anything
unexpected.

Best,
Antonin

On 20/05/2021 14:47, Thad Guidry wrote:
> Sounds good.
> I’ll do the Windows testing.
>
> On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 2:47 AM Antonin Delpeuch (lists)
> <li...@antonin.delpeuch.eu <mailto:li...@antonin.delpeuch.eu>> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Unless there are any concerns I will release 3.5-beta in about a week.
> The goal is just to start the release process for this version and then
> iterate with a few release candidates until we get something stable.
>
> Let me know if you are aware of anything that we should wait for.
>
> Best,
> Antonin
>
> --
>
> --
> Thad
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/>
> https://calendly.com/thadguidry/ <https://calendly.com/thadguidry/>
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine-dev/CAChbWaNpUPA2XHt4gM9%2BmEOMXME_Wr-Wa1igJrbDG_ibeuR0fA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine-dev/CAChbWaNpUPA2XHt4gM9%2BmEOMXME_Wr-Wa1igJrbDG_ibeuR0fA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Jul 22, 2021, 8:14:18 AM7/22/21
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Since the release of 3.5-beta1, as far as I am aware, we haven't had any
bug report that seemed specific to 3.5 except for the timeout errors for
URL fetching / reconciliation:

https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/issues/3987

https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/issues/3369

I propose to work on a fix for this, as it seems rather critical to me,
and then publish 3.5-beta2. I would also try to remember to update
translations from master.

If you are aware of anything that should be fixed in 3.5 specifically
(so, a bug that is present in 3.5-beta1 but not in 3.4.1), please let me
know.

Best,

Antonin

Antoine Beaubien

Jul 22, 2021, 3:20:34 PM7/22/21
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonin,

   For v3.5, I have a lot of problems with Google Sheets Import and Export. It fails with a HTTP Error 500.

   I think it's major, because it doesn't work at all.

   Also, since Tom made such a good work with it since v3.4 and made a lot of improvements and added reliability, it would be a shame to regress, in my opinion.

Regards,
   Antoine

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine-dev/93b1a87d-39e7-01ae-44c2-c1c48ce286de%40antonin.delpeuch.eu.

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Jul 22, 2021, 3:28:53 PM7/22/21
to openref...@googlegroups.com

Hi Antoine,

Thanks, I didn't realize this was specific to 3.5.

I have limited time to work on this release so if anyone feels like working on this, it would help to get a stable release faster.

Best,

Antonin