Fwd: Google News Initiative Impact Report

Thad Guidry

Oct 23, 2020, 2:18:21 PM10/23/20
to advisory....@openrefine.org, openref...@googlegroups.com, Jessica Hardwicke, Danielle Robinson
To OpenRefine developers, Advisory committee, and Code for Society,

Just FYI, as part of our verbal transparency agreement;  I got the below email from Google News Initiative just now.  I will not request to be removed from the published list since it doesn't matter or hurt anything.
This does not affect any status for OpenRefine or Code for Society or the OpenRefine project.
They are simply notifying me that OpenRefine Foundation (a defunct org) will be listed on their upcoming report and published on the GNI website.
The reason is that OpenRefine Foundation was registered as a vendor for FY 2018 in order to collect the $100,000 donation from Google during that year, nothing more, nothing less.
(For those unfamiliar with the GNI sponsorship and donation during FY 2018, the details can be found on our blog post here: https://openrefine.org/blog/2018/06/16/Update.html )

That's all, have a great week(end)!