UI / UX Design documents and updates re. Wikibase and Commons extensions

Lozana Rossenova

Jul 23, 2022, 2:01:29 AMJul 23
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I think this may be my official first email to this group! But I've been lurking here for a while.

I'm Lozana - the designer who's been part of the SDC extension team since the end of last year.

I wanted to share some of the ongoing work because although most of it has been dedicated specifically to the SDC extension, there have been parts of that work that touch on various other aspects of OpenRefine - more specifically the Wikibase extension and interaction with other Wikibase instances.

All documents are open to comments. Perhaps most interesting is the very latest design artefacts produced this month - i.e. Wireframes V4 in the second page. I've tried to label things in self-explanatory ways as much as possible. Feedback from anyone interested in the topics of UI design, UX workflows and general design improvements with the Wikibase extension and the new SDC extension is very welcome.

Over the next few days, I'll also update many issues in GitHub corresponding to new features introduced in version 4 of the wireframe, so stay tuned for updates there and feel free to comment there as well.

One final note - please keep in mind the wireframes are living documents - they are not meant to be pixel perfect, but rather flexible (and easy to update) guidance on layouts and labels in the UI, so when the work is being later developed in code it is meant to use the existing design framework specifications as to font and button styles, margins and paddings, etc.

Cheers,
Lozana

--
Lozana Rossenova (PhD, London South Bank University)
Digital Archives Designer and Researcher