Support of conversion of millisecond Unix time to Refine datetime #608 Issue Question

Keerthy Reddy

Apr 19, 2022, 10:58:45 PM4/19/22
to OpenRefine Development
Hi!

   I had a quick question about the Support of conversion of millisecond Unix time to Refine datetime #608 issue that I posted in the GitHub thread but also wanted to bring up here.
   I edited the GREL epochToDate() function written by SustechcsKing with ZoneId.systemDefault() in order to make sure that the function is using the time zone that the system is currently in rather than the "America/Chicago" time zone that was previously hardcoded into the function. However, this change is causing the epoch timestamp to convert to the date-time of the current time zone when being edited and then change to the UTC date-time when published.
   Is this the expected result or does the published result also need to have the current time zone date-time?

Thank you!

Best,
Keerthy