release candidate for Monday?

David Huynh

Oct 7, 2011, 6:08:23 PM10/7/11
to google-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just so we're all on the same page, how do you feel about having a release candidate ready by mid-day of Monday next week? Let's say we all stop non-trivial commits by mid-Saturday and let us all test for obvious problems until Monday morning. There has been a flurry of commits in the last few days so it's good to have some sanity check.

(I'd also try to have a wiki page documenting the changes that have gone into 2.5.)

Thanks,

David

Thad Guidry

Oct 7, 2011, 6:30:02 PM10/7/11
to google-r...@googlegroups.com
+ 1 Sounds like a plan
--
-Thad
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry

Tom Morris

Oct 7, 2011, 7:40:29 PM10/7/11
to google-r...@googlegroups.com
I'd still like to try and get the OpenOffice importer in and I've been
sidetracked working on tests recently. I'll see if I can get the OO
importer wrapped up by midday Saturday, but it may be tight. Another
thing I've got on my list is import of public Google spreadsheets. I
think this used to work, but my impression from the current UI is that
there's no way to paste in a URL without logging in to Google first.

Are we in good shape on the bug fixing front?

Tom

David Huynh

Oct 7, 2011, 8:00:10 PM10/7/11
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Tom Morris <tfmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd still like to try and get the OpenOffice importer in and I've been
sidetracked working on tests recently.  I'll see if I can get the OO
importer wrapped up by midday Saturday, but it may be tight.

As long as that is well isolated from the rest of the code, it can spill over into the release candidate's testing period, too.

Another
thing I've got on my list is import of public Google spreadsheets.  I
think this used to work, but my impression from the current UI is that
there's no way to paste in a URL without logging in to Google first.

Hmm, I thought I had that checked but it's not working now. I'll take a look.

Are we in good shape on the bug fixing front?

I've been fixing bugs that Thad discovered ... Other than that, I haven't heard from anyone else.

David

David Huynh

Oct 10, 2011, 12:28:57 AM10/10/11
to google-r...@googlegroups.com
I've composed the change list here

Please let me know if anything is missing!

Thanks,

David

Thad Guidry

Oct 10, 2011, 9:24:21 AM10/10/11
to google-r...@googlegroups.com
Isn't Spreadsheet table selection a new feature (not listed) ? or did we have that in 2.1 ?  (working in Trunk all the time makes me forget those things)
--
-Thad
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry

Thad Guidry

Oct 10, 2011, 9:43:14 AM10/10/11
to google-r...@googlegroups.com
I would also list any external library updates that we did as well (Didn't I see Tom update a few this time also? Jackson I think)  Similar to how we listed update for Apache POI in 2.1 release http://code.google.com/p/google-refine/wiki/WhatsNew
--
-Thad
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry

Thad Guidry