Any need for full path for downloaded files?

Tom Morris

Mar 4, 2012, 3:13:46 PM3/4/12
to google-refine-dev
Currently if we download from the URL
http://example.com/dir1/dir2/file.txt during project creatino, we save
the resulting file in <temp>/dir1/dir2/file.txt locally. I don't see
any value in keeping the subdirectories and propose that instead we
save just <temp>/file.txt, but want to make sure I'm not missing
something. Is there a reason for the current behavior?

I'm fixing this bug
http://code.google.com/p/google-refine/issues/detail?id=544 where we
lose track of the correct location of the file after decompressing it.
I could preserve the current behavior, but it'd be simpler to change
it.

Tom

David Huynh

Mar 4, 2012, 6:22:50 PM3/4/12
to google-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

I was guarding against a case where the user pastes in several URLs in a pattern like this one

Have you seen that case often? I have seen it in some archive files.

David

Tom Morris

Mar 5, 2012, 3:45:26 PM3/5/12
to google-r...@googlegroups.com
That makes sense. I'll leave the subdirectories in.

Tom