Fwd: [OpenRefine] Regarding Mentoring Projects @ GSOC 2021

Tom Morris

Nov 3, 2020, 12:10:20 PM11/3/20
to openref...@googlegroups.com
The reason this ended up in moderation was because the sender wasn't subscribed to the group. That means that they are unlikely to have seen any of the replies since they were only sent to the group.

The reason that I left it pending in moderation was because it was addressed to the wrong group (ie openrefine, not openrefine-dev), in addition to being a very unusual request.

I don't know what others think, but my view is that since the main openrefine list has thousands of subscribers, we should make at least minimal attempts at shielding them from random nonsense.

Tom

Nov 3, 2020, 12:11:52 PM11/3/20
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Ah, you're probably right Tom!  Thanks for pointing that out.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenRefine Development" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine-dev/CAE9vqEEuWzJiwnHs3wX-aFaPS5RzZQVgmQGA00ftZ7aomXHbdA%40mail.gmail.com.