Problems with the Functional Tests

Antoine Beaubien

Apr 15, 2022, 4:57:02 PM4/15/22
to OpenRefine Development
Hi,

   I'm trying, from the master branch, to run the Functional Tests, but it's not working, and I can't seem to understand why.

Here's my command line history:
antoine@penguin:/usr/local/openrefine/OpenRefine/main/tests/cypress$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

nothing to commit, working tree clean
antoine@penguin:/usr/local/openrefine/OpenRefine/main/tests/cypress$ yarn install
00h00m00s 0/0: : ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'install'
antoine@penguin:/usr/local/openrefine/OpenRefine/main/tests/cypress$ cd ../../..
antoine@penguin:/usr/local/openrefine/OpenRefine$ yarn --cwd ./main/tests/cypress run cypress open
Usage: yarn [options]

yarn: error: no such option: --cwd
antoine@penguin:/usr/local/openrefine/OpenRefine$

Regards,
   Antoine

Thad Guidry

Apr 15, 2022, 9:47:37 PM4/15/22
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Honestly, we should just drop yarn now...its not really necessary since npm has gotten much better and also has lock file, offline support, and all the bells and whistles that yarn brought to the table in 2017.  npm has fixed all its misforgivings now in 2022.

Anyways...  it does work fine for me...  my yarn is installed properly prior to running this from our master branch.
So maybe it's your yarn installation?

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22598.1]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

E:\GitHub Repos\OpenRefine>cd main

E:\GitHub Repos\OpenRefine\main>cd tests

E:\GitHub Repos\OpenRefine\main\tests>cd cypress

E:\GitHub Repos\OpenRefine\main\tests\cypress>yarn install
yarn install v1.22.18
[1/4] Resolving packages...
[2/4] Fetching packages...
[3/4] Linking dependencies...
warning " > cypress-ima...@4.0.1" has incorrect peer dependency "cypress@^4.5.0".
warning "cypress-image-snapshot > jest-imag...@4.2.0" has unmet peer dependency "jest@>=20 <=26".
[4/4] Building fresh packages...
Done in 75.83s.

Antoine Beaubien

Apr 16, 2022, 5:43:32 AM4/16/22
to OpenRefine Development
Hum.

yarn is in our doc, so it should work. But you are right, it does work. I don't know why, but now all goes well. I must have missed a step.

That being said, I think it would be nice to have « refine.bat func-tests install » and « refine.bat func-tests run ».
Even a « refine.bat func-tests » that would install if not there, and then run… Another idea for a feature. ;-)

Thank you for taking the time.

Regards,
   Antoine