Closing Open Referral's Google Group and migrating to the new Discourse forum

Greg Bloom

Aug 26, 2022, 12:39:11 PM8/26/22
to OpenReferral
Hi folks – as mentioned earlier, we've set up the Discourse forum created by the Open Referral UK network to be the main discussion forum for Open Referral overall.

The new forum can be found and joined here: https://forum.openreferral.org/

Discourse has many advantages over Google Groups, including the ability to create and join specific subgroups (so that folks in the UK could have a UK-specific group, and receive messages from there specifically in addition to the general discussions; likewise for specific service subdomains such as legal aid, etc).

I'm not sure that we'll be able to migrate messages from this forum over (if this seems important to you, I want to hear from you), but we will keep the archive for posterity.

I aim to close this group and archive it by the end of September. I will message each person here individually, but it's not too early to start joining the new group and participating in discussion there.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!
greg

Greg Bloom

Sep 16, 2022, 9:40:35 AM9/16/22
to OpenReferral
This is the second-to-last reminder that we are migrating our Community Forum from Google Groups to Discourse at forum.openreferral.org.

We are organizing discussions about proposed changes for HSDS 3.0 and assorted open issues in the Technical category

Please go there to sign up for an account! Feel free to introduce (or re-introduce) yourself in the General category

I'll close this group and archive it at the end of the month. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for bearing with us through this transition!

~greg

Greg Bloom

Sep 30, 2022, 5:37:24 PM9/30/22
to OpenReferral
OK folks – closing this forum now!

Please join us in the Discourse forum – go here to get directly in to a thread where you can re-introduce yourself if you so desire: https://forum.openreferral.org/invites/qWiEjofwye

thanks for being with us on this journey :)
~greg