Knight Foundation call for proposals re open data

Greg Bloom

Nov 18, 2019, 12:36:09 PM11/18/19
to openre...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks – several people have asked me about the call from the Knight Foundation for open data proposals, just posted last week, with proposals due in less than a month (december 13th).

From a cursory read, they're looking for proposals that specifically leverage open data for the purpose of civic engagement. They don't really define what that means, but in our context it could involve projects that solicit feedback on resource data quality from users, projects that present resource data for civic activities like community asset mapping and needs assessments, etc.

Seems like it's at least partially weighted to favor proposals from/for the specific cities that Knight works with, but that covers a lot of ground, and of course many potential projects from our network could have beneficial impact for all of those communities.

I'll help several different groups shape up proposals, and I want to extend that invitation to anyone else in the network interested in submitting.

let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

--

Leading up the Open Referral Initiative.
Book a time to talk on my calendar.

Web: OpenReferral.org