Coronavirus response

Bharat Sharma

Apr 20, 2020, 7:28:05 AM4/20/20
to OpenReferral
Hi everyone, had an interesting question posed to me, which is how the openreferral standard copes with Coronavirus.

Similarly to how schema.org has adapted itself to deal with temporary closures, and services splitting depending on severity of need.

Would anyone have any thoughts on this, and have tested the model to see whether it copes? We will be looking at some examples in Leeds, UK to test against.

Greg Bloom

Apr 20, 2020, 9:30:16 AM4/20/20
to OpenReferral
Great question, Bharat.

I just posted an issue at the end of last week about the prospect of a 'Special Announcement' data element. This was also in part referencing schema.org's new tag for the same concept. I haven't had a chance to check in with Open Data Services Coop about it, but if it meets with enthusiasm and consensus, we may be able to add this to our wish list for the current upgrade cycle.

Eager to hear other questions, concerns, ideas, etc.

Bharat do you have an example of services 'splitting' that you could share?

~greg