New tools for Open Referral: HSDS transformer and validator

Greg Bloom

Aug 2, 2019, 9:58:13 AM8/2/19
to OpenReferral
Hi folks! Hope your summers are going well :)

I'm pleased to share that we have produced new tools to help people who are using the Human Service Data Specification to standardize resource data.

First up, a data transformation tool (built by Shelby Switzer) that accepts sets of data about organizations, locations, and services (or whatever matching vocabulary may be at hand) and presto-change-o's into the HSDS format: https://github.com/openreferral/hsds_transformer

Next, a data validation tool (built by Chris Spiliotopoulos) that checks the validity of would-be HSDS data: https://openreferral.github.io/hsds-validator/

We hope these tools can help people facilitate the process of data production and exchange. And we're looking for your feedback!

With the support of Shelby and Chris, we've also received a modest amount of funding from the Open Knowledge Foundation to enhance the ability to produce and use 'datapackage' through these tools – aka 'frictionless data' to simplify the process of working with bundles of serialized CSVs. Read more about this project here.

Please share your suggestions for functionality improvements in the repos above, and stay tuned for more updates in the Fall!

Onward,
Greg

--

Leading up the Open Referral Initiative.
Book a time to talk on my calendar.

Web: OpenReferral.org