Clutch?

Mark Whyler

Dec 21, 2014, 10:22:11 AM12/21/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone thought of adding a clutch to the Truggy to allow forward and reverse without shearing the gears?

Perhaps another thought, could a 3d printed clutch be possible?

Andrew Newman

Apr 30, 2015, 3:53:00 PM4/30/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
That's a good idea and totally plausible but it would require a complete redesign of the center differential. Some sort of friction clutch would probably be the best idea but I don't think it would last very long.

Mark Whyler

Apr 30, 2015, 4:00:35 PM4/30/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
ive tried to find a nice drawing of a fricton clutch to copy, but not had any luck.
Agreed it may not last long, but, that's the fun!
We could always change the surface material to metal to allow a little more life.