Whats parts should be in ABS or PLA?

dantheman1998

Aug 29, 2013, 12:15:11 PM8/29/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I currently received a spool of PLA and so far i really like the stuff but i have a majority of the parts printed in ABS. Whats parts should I switch to PLA?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

dantheman1998

Sep 7, 2013, 7:09:54 AM9/7/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com

I can make 1 recommendation to everyone. The current Open R/C rim does not work very well in PLA and I highly recommend ABS for this part.

Boris Tékaty

Nov 24, 2014, 9:03:00 AM11/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Do you mean this part when you reffer to RIM? If yes then whats the problem in using PLA ?

Matt Young

Feb 10, 2015, 1:29:01 AM2/10/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Ditto to Bortek. Why does the PLA "not work very well?"

Bortek

Feb 10, 2015, 2:04:42 AM2/10/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

I done the following. All the bulky chassi parts I printed in PLA, as well ad parts like bottom plates, sides, differential housing, things that holds the wheels etc.

Outer differential parts, round stuff that rotates inside diff housing i printed in XT which is like ABS, stronger than PLA.

the most tricky were gears which I could not print myself so i ordered them from Shapeways using different materials. The result was amazing quality at cost of course.