Write access to master for contrib team

Sebastien Lambla

Jan 3, 2012, 11:17:59 AM1/3/12
to <openrasta@googlegroups.com>
 Hi guys,

Quick note, I'll expand more soon. I'm going to need those of you that have a vested interest in the 2.1 release (and in all the packages that come with it) to step up and take some of my responsibilities. I can't be everywhere, and 2.1 is not somewhere I care much to be right now beyond the work I need done on it (mainly for me, autoconf, the compact fluent api, extensibility and the http caching plugin). Competitive pressure from the Microsoft copycat and the numerous so-called micro-framework, plus my own wish to revisit the APIs that make the core of openrasta means that I want to work on 3.0 unencumbered by the work needed in 2.1.

So, who's gonna step up and share ownership of the repository with me? There are many packages in dire need of cleanup / separation from openrasta-stable / build automation / versioning / cleanup / documentation?

Note that while I'm opening the gates, it doesn't mean that it's gonna be OK coral and you can start adding nuget dependencies or stylecop refactorings everywhere, there are some standards that need preserving. There's also a need for me to ensure that whatever work happens in 2.1 / 2.2 and beyond will be compatible with what will be done in 3.0 (including backward and forward compat for certain component types) and that also needs contribution.

Finally,  in an effort to consolidate properties now that OpenFileSystem is getting new management too, all the mailing lists are going to close, and a unique mailing list for *developers* of  all those projecets is going to be created.

The OpenEverything stack could lead us to a very very sweet spot, but it won't be done only by me, now is the time to expand and step-up or just let everything die and move somewhere else.

Seb

greg

Jan 3, 2012, 2:25:26 PM1/3/12
to OpenRasta
Hi seb,

It would be absolutely excellent to get involved with this here at
7digital. We've done a great deal of work with the 2.03 fork and would
love to be fully contributing to the development of the project going
forward.

We've got a version of it running in live that handles upwards of 600
requests per minute! As well as many other services that we will be
rolling out over the next year.

Let us know how and when we can get involved, we don't have any
problem with you maintaining standards, but will reserve the right to
argue our case if we think it's worthwhile!

Cheers,
Greg Sochanik

Antony Denyer

Jan 3, 2012, 2:43:09 PM1/3/12
to open...@googlegroups.com
Thursday 5th Jan, Butcher Hook & Clever?

Greg Sochanik

Jan 3, 2012, 3:06:26 PM1/3/12
to open...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good.

Sebastien Lambla

Jan 3, 2012, 9:50:43 PM1/3/12
to open...@googlegroups.com, patho...@gmail.com, ian_hammo...@yahoo.co.uk
 That s good for me. Pinging the guys at huddle, they may have an interest in this. Any chance you guys could attend?

Seb

Jan 4, 2012, 9:04:16 AM1/4/12
to open...@googlegroups.com, Sebastien Lambla, ian_hammo...@yahoo.co.uk
Table reserved from 18.30 Thursday 5th January 2012
We're upstairs on the big round table.

Neil Mosafi

Jan 5, 2012, 5:46:14 AM1/5/12
to open...@googlegroups.com, Sebastien Lambla, ian_hammo...@yahoo.co.uk