Hosting OpenRasta in a Windows process/ catching startup process

Alec

Dec 18, 2011, 12:10:26 PM12/18/11
to OpenRasta
Hi all
My application based on Open Rasta should be able to be hosted in a
windows process as well in IIS, in both cases before run the OpenRasta
configuration process I need to initialize some resources in my
application, like load some assemblies, init db connection pooling and
that kind of stuff.
So my questions are:
1. How can configure OpenRasta to run in a windows process? how I
should bind the communication channel like the http port and what else
I need to do? if there is some example on this, could you please point
me to it?
2. In both cases: running in IIS or in a Windows process how do I
catch the start up process of the application so I can initialize my
app resources there, should I override some method? subscribe to some
event published for some object?
I'm sorry if these questions may be silly but I'm new in OpenRasta
Thanks in advance

Scott Littlewood

Dec 19, 2011, 4:34:05 AM12/19/11
to open...@googlegroups.com
With regards to hosting OpenRasta in a windows service wrapper I have a very simple example of this using Topshelf to host the service and provide the service wrapper. https://github.com/scottlittlewood/OpenTop

With regards to performing initialisation one option is to put these as the first statements within the Configure() method of IConfigurationSource (inside the using block if using 2.0)