STANOX OR TIPLOCS to coordinates

Catalin Voineag

Jun 12, 2024, 5:38:03 AMJun 12
Hello.

My name is Catalin, I'm a software developer.

I was playing around with the Network rails api feeds, specifically the train movement one
and I am curious if there's an API or a CSV file somewhere that maps the STANOX or TIPLOCS codes to any kind of coordinates, eastings/northings or lat/long.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I can't seem to find a reliable source on this.

Thank you.

David Wheatley

Jun 13, 2024, 4:15:47 AMJun 13

Catalin,

I've had good results using "Yet another TIPLOC list". This was assembled by someone at Transport for West Midlands and open sourced on GitHub. It's made up from multiple datasets, all of which are listed in the README and are permissively licensed.

I imagine it won't be totally up to date now, with the recent opening of some new station, but is probably a good starting point.

David