RDM and approvals

Peter Hicks

Feb 25, 2024, 5:12:50 AMFeb 25
All,

I submitted a request to access the following three data sources on the Rail Data Marketplace over the last few months:
  • ENRICH Wheel Impact Load Detection
  • ENRICH Railway Model Shapefile - static demo test
  • Coaches, Seats and Seat Properties
All three are showing 'Under Negotiation', and there seems no way to contact the publisher to give them a nudge.

Not having a clear 'yes' or 'no' is frustrating - RDM should be making these sorts of decisions quick and clear.

Has anyone else had any joy getting access to these three data sources?  Are there any other data sources you've come across which have been 'Under Negotiation' with no response for an extended period of time?

Peter

Matthew Burdett

Feb 25, 2024, 6:12:24 AMFeb 25
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Seems like an interesting data set although I've never heard of WILD sites, so don't know how much use it'll be to me, I've subscribed anyway.
Status is also Pending negotiation.

Definitely needs to be a lot clearer about when exactly this sort of thing becomes available to subscribed users.

Evelyn Snow

Feb 26, 2024, 4:45:22 PMFeb 26
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

I've requested access to the first and last, but also haven't received any response as of yet.
It's been long enough that I think there must be some sort of reason!

Evelyn

Juhani Pirttilahti

Feb 29, 2024, 2:20:42 PMFeb 29
Hi Peter,

Two months ago I requested access to the  ENRICH Railway Model Shapefile. Not received anything since. Yes, this is frustrating indeed.

Juhani

Katie Weston

Mar 27, 2024, 7:24:55 AMMar 27
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Did anyone ever get anywhere with this?
I too request the data pending negotiation stage 6 weeks later.
I contacted NR only to be ignored. I contacted RDM team who chased the supplier. I can see the author name on the WILD enrich data feed page has changed to a Leo 123, it was a different name before.

Katie

Rhys Glover

May 2, 2024, 3:58:55 PMMay 2
I requested access to the ENRICH Wheel Impact Load Detection data source just under a month ago, yesterday my subscription was granted but a few hours later it was suspended with the reason being "Accepted in error. Contract will be reinstated once the API is fully operational". I was the contacted directly by someone from the RDM asking if I was alright for them to share my contact details with someone from NR as they were looking to get in touch with me.

Has anyone else who's requested access to the ENRICH Wheel Impact Load Detection data source had a response or similar experience to me?

Rhys

Mike Gill

May 2, 2024, 4:23:31 PMMay 2
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
No - my requested was bounced after a few months, saying that it was for industry only as a test.  Ironic, as I am in the industry.

I believe the interfaces are managed by other than Network Rail so, from a GDPR point of view, they are probably just covering their bases.  Probably unnecessary given the contract for signing up to this service.

I'd suggest that you get back in touch with them and clarify why they are asking your permission.

Mike

May 2, 2024, 5:17:52 PMMay 2
Thanks for your reply Mike, I did respond yesterday saying I was happy for them to share my details but not heard anything since.