What do ftl and act represent?

Priyanka Rao

Jul 26, 2021, 7:31:16 AM7/26/21

Can anyone please tell me what can we know from the attributes ftl and act from the provided screenshot.
Capture.PNG

Peter Hicks

Jul 26, 2021, 7:32:08 AM7/26/21
Hi Priyanka

It looks like you're downloading an older version of the timetable.  Between v6 and v7 of the rttiCTTSchema.xsd, the 'act' field was set to not contain more than one trailing space, so you're not using the v8 version of the data.  You are probably using an older version of the XSD if you're using an XSD to parse the XML - and if not, really consider doing so because it'll make upgrading later a whole lot easier.  A side-benefit is that the XSD also contains documentation, albeit brief, for the contents of the file.

The 'ftl' attribute has been renamed to 'tpl' in v8 of the rttiCTTSchema, defined as this:

<xs:attribute name="tpl" type="ct:TiplocType" use="required">
        <xs:annotation>
                <xs:documentation>TIPLOC</xs:documentation>
        </xs:annotation>
</xs:attribute>

'act' is the attribute for ActivityType, defined in the same XSD:

<xs:attribute name="act" type="ct:ActivityType" use="optional" default="  ">
        <xs:annotation>
                <xs:documentation>Current Activity Codes</xs:documentation>
        </xs:annotation>
</xs:attribute>

Best wishes,

Peter Hicks
Director
OpenTrainTimes Ltd.

On Mon, 26 Jul 2021 at 12:31, Priyanka Rao <prika...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me what can we know from the attributes ftl and act from the provided screenshot.

OpenTrainTimes Ltd. registered in England and Wales, company no. 09504022.
Registered office: Suite 1-3, Hop Exchange, 24 Southwark Street, London SE1 1TY

Priyanka Rao

Jul 27, 2021, 7:35:11 AM7/27/21
Thanks for the reply. just wanted to confirm, Do you mean this file?
Capture1.PNG

Peter Hicks

Jul 27, 2021, 7:59:12 AM7/27/21
Yup, that's the v8 file and the right one to use here!

Priyanka Rao

Jul 27, 2021, 1:36:18 PM7/27/21
Where can I find the documentation?
How can I know what these codes mean?
 tpl="STFD",  act="TB", toc="LO"

Thanks in advance

Peter Hicks

Jul 27, 2021, 1:43:15 PM7/27/21
Hi Priyanka

The XSD documents the data structure, and there's usage documentation at https://wiki.openraildata.com/index.php?title=Darwin:Push_Port

Peter Hicks
Director
OpenTrainTimes Ltd.

Ian Sargent

Jul 28, 2021, 4:24:06 AM7/28/21
Is there anywhere in the Wiki that the activity codes (ACT) are listed? Though I know what they are, any new users might needs some assistance.

Peter Hicks

Jul 28, 2021, 4:26:44 AM7/28/21
Yup: https://wiki.openraildata.com//index.php?title=Activity_codes - literally search for 'activity codes'!

Peter Hicks
Director
OpenTrainTimes Ltd.

Ian Sargent

Jul 28, 2021, 5:23:12 AM7/28/21
Thanks for that link.

Activity code values in the Wiki that are no longer in Network Rail's CIF Spec, and so will not appear in the train schedules: DX, NX, UX, V, VV.

Peter Hicks

Jul 28, 2021, 5:27:29 AM7/28/21
Thank you, I'll edit the page.

Cameron Bird was the last person to edit the page and add the Red Star activity codes - see https://wiki.openraildata.com/index.php?title=Activity_codes&type=revision&diff=2601&oldid=2558

Peter Hicks
Director
OpenTrainTimes Ltd.

Cameron Bird

Jul 28, 2021, 7:01:29 AM7/28/21
I believe I updated that list based on the BPLAN data, thanks for the update.

Priyanka Rao

Jul 28, 2021, 8:45:53 AM7/28/21
Hi all,
I have another doubt.
What do at tags represent here? Are the late running reasons and cancellation reasons related to any of the other data. How can I connect the codes to any of the data. Like toc and the tocref related. Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding the data and not able to find proper documentation.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Capture2.PNG

RailAleFan

Jul 28, 2021, 10:18:47 AM7/28/21
Hi Priyanka,

The schemas are a good source of documentation for Darwin XML elements and attributes; there's a .zip for all v16 schemas at;

Specifically, you'll find the documentation for the via reference data in rttiCTTReferenceSchema- "at" is the CRS (3-letter station code) of the location at which the viatext should be displayed if the conditions are met...

Cheers