Schedules Identification code

Dewstorm

Jan 13, 2022, 6:28:56 AM1/13/22
Hello to you all,
I have some confusion about the various "Ids" available in the datafeeds of Darwin Timetable feed and
the SCHEDULE feed from Network Rail's ITPS.

I tried to find out about the group but I couldn’t find the answers to my questions.

From my understanding :
uid (Darwin) and CIF_train_uid are the same thing and identify a service in the timetable creation process, it could be related to a creation, cancellation or variation action  ;
trainid is the headcode;
RID is the Darwin schedule identification code and identify a schedule for a specific day,it could be related to a creation, cancellation or variation action for a schedule in a specific day
RSID ??
I am on the right track?

How are these codes connected to each other?
For example, for a specific day is it true that uid is 1:1 with Darwin’s RID? so all Darwin messages marked with an RID 123 will always have a uid 456?

Thanks in advance
Gianluca

Rail Delivery Group

Jan 13, 2022, 6:53:24 AM1/13/22

uid (Darwin) and CIF_train_uid are the same thing and identify a service in the timetable correct;
trainid is the headcode technically the trainid is not the headcode as that is a separate field in the timetable, but confusingly many people refer to the trainID as the headcode! Essentially this code is of format nAnn (e.g. 1S21) and identifies a train for  signalling purposes (amongst others)
RID is the Darwin schedule identification code and identify a schedule for a specific day correct
RSID stands for retail service id and is the id used to identify a schedule for reservation purposes. It can be ignored for open data purposes as reservations data is only available to accredited ticket issuing systems
  • the train uid and rid will be unique on any given day.
  • the rid is actually a combionation of the train uid and departure date at the origin for a given service, with the uid letter replaced by it's ASCII code (so a service with UID W12345 running on 13/01/2022 would have rid 202201138712345)
  • RSID and trainid have no relation to each other or to uids or rids and are independent ways of identifying services

Dewstorm

Jan 13, 2022, 9:57:40 AM1/13/22
Thanks a lot,
after your answer I have a further question.
on Darwin for a train service I have a header like this below, where do I find the headcode?
  <Journey rid="202201057133403" uid="G33403" trainId="1Y51" ssd="2022-01-05" toc="NT" trainCat="XX">

Peter Hicks

Jan 13, 2022, 12:39:54 PM1/13/22
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gianluca

If you mean the headcode as in the CIF field "headcode", I don't think it's used within Darwin.  You'll need to process the CIF from Network Rail to get it.  However, if you mean the headcode as in train ID (or train reporting number, train running number), then it's in the "trainId" field of that Journey message as pointed out by RDG.

Cheers,

Peter Hicks
Director
OpenTrainTimes Ltd.

OpenTrainTimes Ltd. registered in England and Wales, company no. 09504022.
Registered office: Suite 1-3, Hop Exchange, 24 Southwark Street, London SE1 1TY

Dewstorm

Jan 14, 2022, 4:15:32 AM1/14/22
Thank you all very much.

Gianluca