Geospatial data from Network Rail

Peter Hicks

Jun 16, 2022, 5:52:50 AMJun 16
All,

I made a request to Network Rail to release some sets of geospatial data under FOI/EIR.  I'm pleased to say they've responded with the data, published under the Open Government Licence (OGL).

To make it easier to re-use, I've uploaded the data - without any changes to the shapefiles - at https://github.com/openraildata/network-rail-gis

Please comment on this thread if you find the data useful.

Peter

Matt Carlson

Jun 17, 2022, 9:37:45 AMJun 17
Hello Peter,

This dataset looks good!  Geographically, it looks very rich - but does anyone know whether there is a linkage between the various fields to TIPLOCs for  instance?

Thanks for posting this,
Matt

Peter Hicks

Jun 17, 2022, 9:57:02 AMJun 17
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
HI Matt

This is just a representation of the physical layout - the train planning domain isn't mapped on to it.

Various bits of data exist which list the latitude/longitude of TIPLOCs, but I am not aware of any official source, nor am I aware of any unofficial source which does not have restrictions or caveats on reuse (e.g. attribution, non-commercial only).

Peter

Mike F (Hastings Line)

Jul 23, 2022, 5:36:23 AMJul 23

Wow, this is really useful - I just published an app for travel on the Hastings Line with map data and ended up tracing and encoding the rail route by hand

Legolash2o

Jul 27, 2022, 11:55:11 AMJul 27