Accessing LDBSVWS using the RDM

Ashley Chan

May 7, 2024, 6:34:03 AMMay 7

I've been using the LDBWS for a few years now and tried requesting a key for the staff version back in Dec. I recently got an email back asking me to sign up using the rail data marketplace instead https://raildata.org.uk/dataProduct/P-75b78055-54f2-4865-b775-e1ac717a8016/overview

I've managed to subscribe to get the api key, but when I try to make any request using the details given on the specification page, every request returns 401: {"fault":{"faultstring":"Invalid ApiKey for given resource","detail":{"errorcode":"oauth.v2.InvalidApiKeyForGivenResource"}}}.

I've tried the different keys given and even basic authentication with base-64 encoding (which was mentioned in the link at the bottom of the documentation page https://realtime.nationalrail.co.uk/LDBSVWS/docs/documentation.html but contradicts the documentation directly attached on the page itself, which asks for just an api key), all to no success.

If anyone has managed to use the RDM version, I'd be grateful to hear how you got it working.

Many Thanks,
Ashley

Graham Macleod

May 7, 2024, 2:44:59 PMMay 7
You're not alone. Assuming that you're talking about the 'Live Fastest Departures Board - Staff Version', which is what you're linking to, then I've got exactly the same issue.
I've raised a support ticket and suggest that you do the same. It does look like a problem with the service rather than anything we're doing or not doing.
Graham

Ashley Chan

May 8, 2024, 1:43:29 AMMay 8
Hi Graham,

Yep, I've tried both the staff version APIs, but none seem to work. I'll submit a ticket, it's nice to know I'm not the only one!

Thanks,
Ashley