Weird behaviour with Darwin serviceIDs today

Matthew Flint

Dec 6, 2022, 6:33:31 PM12/6/22
FYI, I'm seeing two odd things from Darwin this evening:

1. the format of the "serviceID" value has changed... previously they looked like base64 encoded strings, but now they're like "4175145GTWK____"

2. when performing a "GetServiceDetailsRequest" with these new IDs, I'm seeing a lot of failures with "Invalid Service ID" in the body :-/  Previously I'd only expect to see that failure two hours after the service has reached its destination.

Matthew

RailAleFan

Dec 7, 2022, 7:41:27 AM12/7/22
Seeing both versions being returned now, the usual not-base64 style and this new numeric+TIPLOC version;

  [std] => 12:26
  [etd] => On time
  [platform] => 10
  [operator] => Great Western Railway
  [operatorCode] => GW
  [serviceType] => train
  [serviceID] => v3Bhn/KBzqFttDs08Ak0fQ==

  [std] => 12:26
  [etd] => On time
  [platform] => 10
  [operator] => Great Western Railway
  [operatorCode] => GW
  [serviceType] => train
  [serviceID] => 4179891RDNGSTN_

It looks like to get service details by ID is currently a case of making repeated calls until the request is handled by an instance of the web service that is working in the same style of serviceID as handled the station board request...