Ves al primer missatge no llegit

David Rickmann

no llegida,
28 de juny 2022, 10:39:1428/6/22
a A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi All,

I'm doing a bit of a look into bridges and gantries over the railway.

I've got a list of all the bridges, but although I have mileage data I only have geo data for about half of them.

Has anyone done anything with this?

I've seen this data:
But it's got the same missing bits as my dataset, so I assume it's got similar origins.

Danny Withington

no llegida,
29 de juny 2022, 8:59:4029/6/22
a A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi David,

The data used for bridges on Railway Data is sourced from FOI requests.  If beneficial, I'm happy to share the data with you, however it is the same as is available on the WhatDoTheyKnow site.  NR do have some alternative datasets for bridges, but even those are often not exhaustive.

Thanks,
Danny Withington

David Rickmann

no llegida,
1 de jul. 2022, 4:59:421/7/22
a A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Thanks Danny,

In looking at the available data it seems like NR's asset database is not a reliable source for geodata. They have some grid refs but many of them are so clearly inaccurate (I'm not that au fait with Anglia region but I'm fairly sure Wisbech is on land, and not in the sea, as their data would suggest) that it's not worth bothering with them.

What I've done is take a network links model and used that to determine a reasonable location for each asset, since I have the start and end of each link.

The accuracy is... mostly ok, with about 90% being plus or minus a mile or so, and the worst being plus or minus 10 miles.
Not ideal, but workable, and something I can probably refine with some time and interpolation.

Respon a tots
Respon a l'autor
Reenvia
0 missatges nous