Electrification

James Perry

May 30, 2024, 7:36:45 AMMay 30
Hi!

I'm really new to rail data so I'm really sorry if this has been asked before. I am trying to find a shapefile or similar GIS format of lines which includes whether the line is electrified and what type of electrification it has. Similar to this map - https://railmap.azurewebsites.net/ which has a electrification map. Does anyone know a source for that data please...?

Again sorry if this is really obvious or in the existing open data but I just don't know which field it is or anything.

Thanks so much!!

James

Guido Eco

May 30, 2024, 4:10:16 PMMay 30
Good evening,

The only data set I'm aware of uses the OpenStreetMap rail model, noting that it is also has a world electrification dataset.

Scripts to scrape this data is available here and a GeoJSON dataset can be downloaded here.

I hope that helps.

James Perry

May 31, 2024, 4:52:56 AMMay 31
Thanks Guido, I'll take a look.

Thanks so much for your reply!

James

Legolash2o

Jun 2, 2024, 4:47:14 PMJun 2

The electrification maps on RailMaps used a variety of sources gathered from Network Rail (i.e. Sectional Appendix, FOI request, and others) and news articles.