Line of route

Chris Payne

May 21, 2024, 5:09:03 AMMay 21
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a source that maps locations to their NR line of route? I'm aware the info is in a few different documents (NESA, TPRs, etc), but was looking for something a little more easily accessible.

Thanks!
Chris

David Rickmann

May 22, 2024, 5:02:06 AMMay 22
I had a very similar question a ways back:

Guido Eco

May 30, 2024, 4:28:07 PMMay 30
Good evening,

This in not trivial but one approach would be to use the centre-line track-model here contains GeoPKG and SHP data with ELR and milestone markers. There is then an LOR/ELR converter here.

However, whether this is "a little more easily accessible" is then left as an exercise for the reader.

Chris Payne

Jun 3, 2024, 5:39:08 PMJun 3
Many thanks both David and Guido for your responses! I will certainly have a look through these and see what I manage to come up with...

Chris

Legolash2o

Jun 4, 2024, 2:23:45 PMJun 4
If you type the LOR in the search box on the site below, it will zoom to the track. If you have an account, it will highlight the entire section.

Legolash2o

Jun 4, 2024, 3:23:18 PMJun 4
Sorry, I miss understood the original message.

I do have an API available that has tiploc locations, stanoxes, etc.. and can modify that to include ELR and LORs.