Webcast

bob skd

Nov 11, 2011, 7:11:06 AM11/11/11
to OpenQwaq Forum
Hi

I'm trying to understand how the webcastfunction works.
I'm not that far, yet - just figured out, that the QServiceManagerV2-
class does the main-job by publishing the videostream.
Have anyone of you worked on that problem, too? Could you tell me a
few sentences about what you found out?
Thanking you in anticipation.

Greetings
bob

Ron Teitelbaum

Nov 11, 2011, 10:44:02 AM11/11/11
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

I'm sorry but I don't understand the question. Webcasting is RTSP it needs
to be configured to work or you will need to stand up another video server.
QServiceManagerV2 does tons of other things too. It manages the services :)
There is no need to change anything in the code to get webcasting working.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum
Immersive Collaboration Expert
3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting
R...@3dicc.com
Follow me on Twitter
twitter.com/RonTeitelbaum
www.3dicc.com

bob skd

Nov 15, 2011, 2:48:13 AM11/15/11
to OpenQwaq Forum
Hi Ron,

my problem is, that the webcast just doesn't work, yet.
I installed the quicktime-player and have tried to configure the RTSP,
but
all that doesn't help - still just got a black window if I try to
open the webcast in a browser.
Can you tell me what I have to do exactly to make the webcast work
properly?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ramprasad Rangarajan

Apr 17, 2014, 2:46:12 PM4/17/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, bob...@googlemail.com
Sorry for bumping a very old thread, but I haven't found any instructions on how to configure the RTSP server.

I've installed OpenQwaq on Centos 5.10 and everything is running smoothly except the webcast. I'm using Darwin Streaming Server and the webcast ip is set through the admin interface. Server tests are 100% ok. Do I need to open some ports or what am I missing?

Ron Teitelbaum

Apr 17, 2014, 3:53:02 PM4/17/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, bob...@googlemail.com

Hi Ramprasad,

It’s difficult to know what problem you are having.  Did you setup the forward from port 80 to 9994 on the video server?  Could be that is what you are missing.

Let me know how well the Darwin Streaming Server works for you.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering

3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting

r...@3dicc.com

Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum

www.3dicc.com

https://www.google.com/+3dicc

Ramprasad Rangarajan

Apr 18, 2014, 5:21:28 AM4/18/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

I'm running an all in one server at the moment. I've installed DSS using these instructions: http://thegioinguonmo.com/os/linux/apple’s-darwin-streaming-server-on-centos-5-3.html. I've also tried opening and forwarding ports and even disabling the firewall, but nothing seems to work. The DSS is up and running though, since I can view the sample videos without problems.

Apple's DSS is pretty ancient anyway, so is it possible to use other RTSP solutions like live555? Of course you can always broadcast through an external service like Ustream... but it would be nice to try this feature since it's built-in anyway :)