Python debugging

John McKeon

Dec 11, 2013, 3:55:36 PM12/11/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Is there any strategy for debugging a python app that won't install into a forum? I am new to python but studying the examples has gotten me pretty far along.

Best regards

Ron Teitelbaum

Dec 11, 2013, 4:15:09 PM12/11/13
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi John,

Python errors show up in the transcript: menu > View > Transcript.  I use idle as the editor, it’s pretty good with formatting errors.  That should give you a pretty good idea of what’s going wrong.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering

3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting

r...@3dicc.com

Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum

www.3dicc.com

https://www.google.com/+3dicc

John McKeon

Dec 11, 2013, 4:25:55 PM12/11/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Thats excellent! Thanks Ron

John McKeon

Dec 11, 2013, 6:56:46 PM12/11/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,
I don't suppose you have any advice for using httplib.py? My app gets data from a http server in json so I had to import httplib. Unfortunately, it imports socket.py which uses _socket.lib and OpenQwaq does not appear to recognize it.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
John

Ron Teitelbaum

Dec 11, 2013, 10:21:02 PM12/11/13
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi John,

OpenQwaq uses python 2.4.4.  Find an implementation that works with 2.4.4. You can import and include python libs by packaging them into the tpz file.

Casey Ransberger

Dec 12, 2013, 7:32:23 AM12/12/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

Sorry all if this is a touch off-topic, but how did you go about getting the Python errors to show up in the Transcript anyway? Does it use OSProcess? FFI?

TIA,

Casey

Göran Krampe

Dec 12, 2013, 8:37:58 AM12/12/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
On 12/12/2013 01:32 PM, Casey Ransberger wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Sorry all if this is a touch off-topic, but how did you go about getting
> the Python errors to show up in the Transcript anyway? Does it use
> OSProcess? FFI?

No, OpenQwaq uses a Python bridge plugin. Basically a plugin that has
the whole Python interpreter in it.

regards, G�ran