Performance Testing of OpenQwaq or TelePlace

Hafeez M A

Dec 3, 2013, 11:03:53 AM12/3/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Could you let us know what kind of performance testing tools were used for testing TelePlace application? Can we use LoadRunner for testing the application?

Thanks,
Hafeez

Ron Teitelbaum

Dec 3, 2013, 1:45:37 PM12/3/13
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hafeez,

We did load testing using cloud instances.  We load clients in the cloud and then have them perform bot scripts for load testing.  This works quite well for load testing.

LoadRunner is not an appropriate tool for testing this application.  While we do use https and apache, there is no load on those components that could be tested by HP LoadRunner.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering

3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting

r...@3dicc.com

Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum

www.3dicc.com

3d ICC on G+

Murali Renganathan

Dec 5, 2013, 7:16:54 AM12/5/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

Can you please provide additional details on  TelePlace  load testing  like how complex the scripting would be ?.Any reference  would  be appreciated.

Regards
Murali.R

Ron Teitelbaum

Dec 5, 2013, 12:41:28 PM12/5/13
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi Murali,

It’s not terribly complex.  You start clients in the cloud and point them to your location.  Clients can start as robots.  There are a number of different types of robots you can start that do different types of things.  All that code is already there.  See the command line launch code for more information.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering

3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting

r...@3dicc.com

Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum

www.3dicc.com

M A Hafeez

Dec 9, 2013, 9:19:11 AM12/9/13
to open...@googlegroups.com, r...@3dicc.com
Hi Ron,

Could you help us with those bot scripts? You have mentioned about the Command Line. That would be used to invoke the client I suppose. Once the client is invoked do you have the scripts for navigating through the teleplaces like lobby or any other virtual rooms created? And also could you help us with the audio calls and video graphics rendering for performance testing?

Appreciate your help towards the above request.

Thanks,
Hafeez

Murali Renganathan

Dec 9, 2013, 10:50:37 AM12/9/13