size of the disaggregation matrix

Anne Hulsey

Dec 1, 2021, 2:29:24 PM12/1/21
to OpenQuake Users
Hello,

I am using disaggregation for New Zealand sites, using the NSHM source model and a maximum distance of 400km. When I use 10km bins, I get an error: ValueError: The disaggregation matrix is too large (2488320 elements): fix the binning!

20km bins corrects the error but I would like to use 10km and still keep the underlying hazard calculation at max=400km. Is it possible to use a custom set of bins, e.g. 10km bins up to 100km and then 50km bins?

Thanks,
Anne

Michele Simionato

Dec 1, 2021, 11:05:23 PM12/1/21
to OpenQuake Users
It is not possible, however you can implement the functionality yourself, the relevant line of code is https://github.com/gem/oq-engine/blob/master/openquake/hazardlib/calc/disagg.py#L78

     Michele

Anne Hulsey

Dec 2, 2021, 12:43:15 PM12/2/21
to OpenQuake Users
That's a good idea--thanks for pointing me to the relevant line.

Anne