Apparent error in Stepp completeness graph

Edwar Q S

Jun 12, 2024, 5:03:24 AMJun 12
to OpenQuake Users
When I apply the stepp 1972 completeness analysis algorithm, I get an anomalous graph for the last magnitude window. As shown in the image, apparently there is data from the year 1372; However, my data begins in the year 1471. I think there is an error for the last window of magnitudes. By the way, I had to make some modifications to the plot code because ax._get_lines.prop_cycler is not a valid property in newer versions of Matplotlib. I will attach my modified file.

Could someone explain to me how to correct the last trace corresponding to the magnitude window of 8.8 forward? Thank you.
Error.png
plot_stepp_1972.py
Message has been deleted

Marco Pagani

Jun 12, 2024, 10:14:28 PMJun 12
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for signaling these problems. My suggestion is to avoid trusting completeness provided by Stepp (or other statistical methods) when you use a limited dataset.

Il giorno gio 13 giu 2024 alle 01:09 Edwar Q S <edwa...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
I already understood what the problem was. Is there a way for my last window to be from 8 to 9 directly?