different results using the reduced source model created using reduce_sm

dyn...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2021, 1:04:43 AMJun 15
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

I've got different results (hazard curves) for the sites using reduced source models, which was created using the reduce_sm command. I assumed that there should be no difference of the results. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Regards,

Hyeuk

Michele Simionato

Jun 16, 2021, 6:25:27 AMJun 16
to OpenQuake Users
If you are doing an event based calculation a difference in numbers is normal because the reduced model will generate different ruptures, due to the randomness of the process.
If you get different numbers in a classical calculation not using sampling, then we should investigate a bit more.

         Michele

dyn...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2021, 12:51:26 AMJun 17
to OpenQuake Users
Hi Michele,

Thanks for your reply.
It was classical calculation, and the issue was resolved after assigning unique source id.

Regards,

Hyeuk