Request

DJIMA Wilfrid

Jan 18, 2021, 11:01:52 AM1/18/21
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone.

Someone can help me with this error issue on the Picture attached?

This is the error in the Picture: ConnectionResetError: [WinError
10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Thank you.

Regards.

Wilfrid G. DJIMA
Picture.png

peter...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2021, 12:40:03 PM1/18/21
to OpenQuake Users
Hi Wilfrid,

I get the same when starting OpenQuake Webui in Windows, but despite that complaint
all is working without a problem - web browser is opened and the UI does its job.
Do you get any other errors or UI is not working?

Thank you
Peter

Dátum: pondelok 18. januára 2021, čas: 17:01:52 UTC+1, odosielateľ: wilisc...@gmail.com

DJIMA Wilfrid

Jan 18, 2021, 4:37:30 PM1/18/21
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dear Peter.

Thank you for your email.
Yes.I got another error while trying to run an example demos. It has failed running and said "out of memory" when looked in the track although I've free space of around 400GB on the installed disc.
Thanks for your help.

--Wilfrid

Peter Pažák

Jan 20, 2021, 12:20:17 AM1/20/21
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

"out of memory" means probably the amount of RAM is not sufficient, not the disc space.
Could you be more specific which example are you running, when the error occurs, and some lines above the out of memory error?

Peter

Dátum: pondelok 18. januára 2021, čas: 22:37:30 UTC+1, odosielateľ: wilisc...@gmail.com

DJIMA Wilfrid

Jan 20, 2021, 8:42:57 AM1/20/21
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi dear Peter.

Thank you for your reply.

I've run the Classical PSHA with Simple Fault Source and attached is
my RAM caracteristics and the error screnn.

Thanks.

Wilfrid G. DJIMA
Picture1.png

DJIMA Wilfrid

Jan 20, 2021, 9:23:47 AM1/20/21
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Picture1.png
Picture2.png

Peter Pažák

Jan 20, 2021, 12:00:29 PM1/20/21
to OpenQuake Users
Hmm, yes in the file classical.py before error line 199 you can find the developer comments:

    def agg_dicts(self, acc, dic):
        """
        Aggregate dictionaries of hazard curves by updating the accumulator.

        :param acc: accumulator dictionary
        :param dic: dict with keys pmap, calc_times, rup_data
        """
        # NB: dic should be a dictionary, but when the calculation dies
        # for an OOM it can become None, thus giving a very confusing error
        if dic is None:
            raise MemoryError('You ran out of memory!')

OOM meaning "out of memory" ... I would say 8GB RAM should be sufficient for this example, maybe if you look in the task manager, how much of that memory is free...?
Maybe there is some application that causes only fraction of the memory is available.
From the screenshots is seems more like OQ is running, just the amount of memory is not sufficient for some reason...

Peter

Dátum: streda 20. januára 2021, čas: 15:23:47 UTC+1, odosielateľ: wilisc...@gmail.com

DJIMA Wilfrid