Inquiry Regarding Truncation Settings for Epsilon Values

bahar r

Jun 11, 2024, 12:27:58 AMJun 11
to OpenQuake Users

Dear OQ Group,

I am writing to inquire about the possibility of adjusting the truncation settings, specifically in relation to the truncation_level parameter. My goal is to prevent truncation of epsilon values entirely.

Is there an option to disable truncation for epsilon values? If so, could you please provide guidance on how to configure this setting?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Bahar

bahar r

Jun 11, 2024, 1:07:02 AMJun 11
to OpenQuake Users
I should add this point,   I encountered an issue when I left the truncation_level field empty in the job.ini file.

The following error was returned: \python3\Lib\site-packages\openquake\commonlib\oqvalidation.py", line 1192, in __init__,    super().__init__(**names_vals),  File "C:\Users\nsirous\AppData\Local\Programs\OpenQuake Engine\python3\Lib\site-packages\openquake\hazardlib\valid.py", line 1340, in __init__,    raise ValueError('%s: could not convert to %s: %s=%s',ValueError: Got an empty string: could not convert to : truncation_level=,Got an empty string: could not convert to : truncation_level=

Peter Pažák

Jun 11, 2024, 4:07:46 PMJun 11
to OpenQuake Users
Hi, you can set it to some relatively big number say truncation_level=1000, in such case the distribution is not truncated
as probability having a sample beyond 1000 standard deviations is practically 0.

Peter

Dátum: utorok 11. júna 2024, čas: 7:07:02 UTC+2, odosielateľ: bahar...@gmail.com