Ground Motion Calculation Error and Scenario-Based Risk Assessment

bahar r

Jun 5, 2024, 9:58:07 AMJun 5
to OpenQuake Users
Dear OQ Group,

I am currently working on conducting a scenario-based risk assessment and need assistance with the calculation of ground motion in the specific locations of my exposures. Unfortunately, I have encountered some challenges in obtaining the desired results.

Firstly, despite my efforts, the ground motion calculations do not seem to correspond to the locations of my exposures. Furthermore, when attempting to set the input file "[sites]" using the parameter "sites_csv = XXX.csv," I encountered the following error message: "NameError: Please remove sites, you should use only site_model." I am unsure about how to proceed in addressing this issue and would greatly appreciate any guidance or insights from those who may have encountered a similar problem.

If anyone has experience or knowledge regarding how to ensure that the ground motion calculations precisely align with the locations of exposures, I would be immensely grateful for your assistance.

Best regards,
Bahar

Peter Pažák

Jun 5, 2024, 3:40:57 PMJun 5
to OpenQuake Users
Hi, in general the ideal approach is to have site model exactly aligning with the exposure sites.
If you provide exposure not aligning with the site model, OQ will choose the closest site to the exposure.
OQ won't do interpolation for you (even when runing oq prepare_site_model vs30.csv it will choose the closest values..)

Peter

Dátum: streda 5. júna 2024, čas: 15:58:07 UTC+2, odosielateľ: bahar...@gmail.com