Calculated distance metrics of GMPEs

Shaadi 2021

Sep 19, 2021, 7:59:59 AM9/19/21
to OpenQuake Users
Dear OQ team,

Is there any way to get the calculated distance metric of a GMPE ( like Joyner-Boore distance ) for each site in the ground motion field from OpenQuake?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards,
Shaadi

Michele Simionato

Sep 20, 2021, 8:49:10 AM9/20/21
to OpenQuake Users
On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 1:59:59 PM UTC+2 shaad...@gmail.com wrote:
Dear OQ team,

Is there any way to get the calculated distance metric of a GMPE ( like Joyner-Boore distance ) for each site in the ground motion field from OpenQuake?

Yes, there is, by using hazardlib, see for instance the function https://github.com/gem/oq-engine/blob/master/openquake/hazardlib/contexts.py#L88
There are Jupyter notebooks around explaining how to use hazardlib, it is not trivial and you must prepare yourself to study the underlying source code too.

          Michele

Oğuz Salih Okçu

Jan 8, 2022, 6:17:03 AM1/8/22
to OpenQuake Users

Hi there Shaadi,

I'm trying to do the same thing, I couldn't manage it right now. If you did, can you contact me?
This notebook below is a good place to start I guess, but there's problem that I couldn't solve when trying to get Rjbs.

Oguz Okcu