How to determine gridded seismicity based on background source in Open Quake???

Muhammad Zulkifli

Jun 16, 2021, 9:13:20 PMJun 16
to OpenQuake Users
Hallo everyone
I am Muhammad Zulkifli

I have problem in terms of determine  gridded seismicity  based on background source from earthquake cataloge for input PSHA in OpenQuake.

maybe someone has a solution, ow to determine gridded seismicity  based on background source in Open Quake???

Nima Dolatabadi

Jul 5, 2021, 12:02:56 AMJul 5
to OpenQuake Users
Hello,
In order to do a grid source or smooth seismicity PSHA you need a grid of weighted a-values. for this you can use HMTK documentation prepared by openquake or use some third party Pakages such as zmap. just a grid of weighted a-values is enough to do so.
in order to create the input models i suggest you to check out openquake installation directory/qa_tests/classical/case53 or case 54. input is a part of Prof. Pagani Project on Africa.
I hope this helps.
Regards.

Muhammad Zulkifli

Jul 8, 2021, 12:37:05 AMJul 8
to OpenQuake Users
Thanks a lot for your advice
good louc sir. I wanna try it

Muhammad Zulkifli

Jul 9, 2021, 2:25:27 AMJul 9
to OpenQuake Users
Hello Sir

I already done run Smoothed Seismicity using tutorial in HMTK, and its succesfull.
the output file after running in "CSV" format.

my Question is how i use the cataloge Smoothed Seismicity for running hazard in Open Quake?

I follow your suggestion to open this dirctory openquake installation directory/qa_tests/classical/case53 or case 54
but I still confuse how input my Smoothed Seismicity data in that directory.

Nima Dolatabadi

Jul 14, 2021, 12:11:41 AM (10 days ago) Jul 14
to OpenQuake Users
Hello again.
As you can see the result is based on smooth seismicity values which can be used in forcasting but not in PSHA. for this issue you must do some modification to openquake sourced code. you must edit smooth_seismicity.py to calculated the a-value for each point given in the file. if you're not familiar with python, I sugest that you go through other alternatives like zmap or other matlab codes that I can refrence you to Prof. Alessandro Valentini.
though for more information to create the openquake input files, I share the test for you below:
please keep that in mind that you do not need to create lots of issues in this group to get your answers, create one and reply to it over and over like this one.
I hope you'll be good
Regards
Nima Dolatabadi

Muhammad Zulkifli

Jul 14, 2021, 9:03:06 PM (9 days ago) Jul 14
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot sir  Nima Dolatabadi

I many get information from you. firts of all , i want to check again your suggestion based on link you send to me.

maybe if i get complex way , i call you bcak again .

Muhammad Zulkifli
Meteorological Climatological Geophysical
Agency (BMKG) & State College (STMKG)
Jakarta, 0812-12871083

Nima Dolatabadi

Jul 15, 2021, 11:57:45 AM (9 days ago) Jul 15
to OpenQuake Users
I'll be happy to help.
feel free to contact
Ragards
Nima

Muhammad Zulkifli

Jul 18, 2021, 10:46:57 PM (5 days ago) Jul 18
to OpenQuake Users
Hello Sir Nima
I successfull run smoothed seismicty and output file in csv format.

I want convert this data into xml or nrml for run psha . how i get the way for it??

like i attcah file bellow, i want to input coordinate and a value weight, but it complex if i input manual
xml-data2.JPG
xml-data.JPG