The OpenQuake engine version 3.11 ("Wegener") has been released

Michele Simionato

Mar 3, 2021, 3:43:00 AM3/3/21
to OpenQuake Users
This is a major release featuring several new optimizations, improvements and bug fixes. Over 400 pull requests were merged.

For the complete list of changes, see the changelog:

You can find the release notes (with the new features) here:

You can install on all supported platforms (Linux, Windows, macOS) by
following the instructions given here:

The code name for version 3.11 is 'Wegener', in memory of
Alfred Wegener, polar researcher, geophysicist and meteorologist.

The OpenQuake engine manual is available here:

As always, before upgrading to the new release, you should export any
outputs of interests, since exporting an output computed with an older
version of the engine may raise an error. Moreover, it is generally
not possible to run a risk calculation starting from a hazard computed
with an older version.

That's all, please let us know if you have any trouble with the upgrade.

           Michele Simionato on behalf of the OpenQuake Team

Paolo Tormene

Mar 3, 2021, 3:47:58 AM3/3/21
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Version 3.11.1 of the IRMT QGIS plugin (https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/svir/version/3.11.1/) has been released. It is aligned with OpenQuake engine version 3.11.
It can be downloaded using the QGIS Plugin Manager (Plugins -> Manage and install plugins).

    Paolo Tormene on behalf of the OpenQuake Team

PAOLO TORMENE senior software developer +39 0382 5169882

GLOBAL EARTHQUAKE MODEL working together to assess risk

GEM - globalquakemodel.org T - @GEMwrld F - GEMwrld

Sujan Raj Adhikari

Mar 3, 2021, 6:47:27 AM3/3/21
to OpenQuake Users
Sorry because of Newbee in Ubuntu looks like I mess up in the installation. in the desire of updating to new version, I mess up my old system.
 i tried the code in https://github.com/gem/oq-engine/blob/master/doc/installing/ubuntu.md it doesnot work for me so i install using

If you do not have root permissions, install on you $HOME with $ python3.8 install.py user from here https://github.com/gem/oq-engine/blob/master/doc/installing/linux-generic.m.

and the rest result is shown in the attached figure

i am having this window for the last 3 hour ....
Looks like maybe the uninstall did not run properly, or there is an install problem that webui cannot use the standard port.

will you please provide step by step process to mitigate this problem in UBuntu so the rest of the other users who is new bee like me will be benefited.
thanks a lot.
Screenshot from 2021-03-02 07-29-09.png

Michele Simionato

Mar 3, 2021, 10:06:19 AM3/3/21
to OpenQuake Users
If the port is already in use it means that the WebUI has been already started. You just need to kill it.

                 Michele

Sujan Raj Adhikari

Mar 3, 2021, 5:51:47 PM3/3/21
to OpenQuake Users
tried a lot but no successful.
I will greatly appreciated if you write that kiling code, please Michele
regards

Antonio Ettorre

Mar 4, 2021, 2:19:20 PM3/4/21
to OpenQuake Users
After that you perform the installation, please run the follow command:
# netstat -tulpn | grep :8800
And you can see which PID is using th 8800 port and you can kill it.
For example in the case of a process of apache:
# netstat -tulpn | grep :80
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1607/apache2

And the PID of process is 1607

After that you kill the process try to start webui, maybe you have other process that use this port?
Some Linux distro considered the nestat command as deprecated and therefore should be phased out in favor of ss commad.
So if you don't have netstat use the follow command:
sudo ss -tulpn | grep :8800

Antonio

Michele Simionato

Mar 23, 2021, 6:58:42 AM3/23/21
to OpenQuake Users
Yesterday we released version 3.11.3 with the following bug fixes:

  * Fixed hdf5.dumps that was generating invalid JSON for Windows pathnames, thus breaking the QGIS plugin on Windows
  * Fix a bug when reusing a hazard calculation without `aggregate_by` for a risk calculation with `aggregate_by`
  * Fixed the aggregate curves exporter for `aggregate_by=id`: it was exporting b'asset_id' instead of asset_id

There is also a new version of the QGIS plugin with a few bug fixes.

      Michele Simionato on behalf of the OpenQuake Team

Sujan Raj Adhikari

Mar 26, 2021, 9:17:22 AM3/26/21
to OpenQuake Users
why its not allowing me to update

ash: /usr/local/bin/virtualenvwrapper.sh: No such file or directory
asujan@asujan:~$ sudo apt update
[sudo] password for asujan:
Hit:1 https://linux.teamviewer.com/deb stable InRelease
Hit:2 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:4 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates InRelease
Hit:5 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security InRelease
Hit:6 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-backports InRelease
Ign:7 http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/ppa/ubuntu focal InRelease
Err:9 http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/ppa/ubuntu focal Release
  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.95.85 80]
Ign:10 https://qgis.org/debian lsb_release InRelease
Hit:11 https://qgis.org/debian focal InRelease
Err:12 https://qgis.org/debian lsb_release Release
  404  Not Found [IP: 172.64.81.35 443]
Ign:14 http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/deb stable InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/ppa/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'https://qgis.org/debian focal InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'
E: The repository 'https://qgis.org/debian lsb_release Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
asujan@asujan:~$

Antonio Ettorre

Mar 27, 2021, 5:19:03 AM3/27/21
to OpenQuake Users
The package are not yet available for this flavour of Ubuntu, as you can read on the docs page:

The only way to have the engine on focal at the moment is with the install script, that is also the easiest and recommended way.

Sujan Raj Adhikari

Mar 27, 2021, 7:42:08 AM3/27/21
to OpenQuake Users

thankyou

Michele Simionato

Sep 9, 2021, 1:50:44 AM9/9/21
to OpenQuake Users
Yesterday we released version 3.11.4 with the following bug fixes:

  * Fixed a bug in the adjustment term in the NSHMP2014 GMPE breaking the USA model
  * Fixed the sanity check in event_based_damage giving false warnings
  * Fixed the corner case when there are zero events per realization in
    scenario_damage

There is also a new version of the QGIS plugin with a few bug fixes.

Michele Simionato

Feb 11, 2022, 10:27:16 AM2/11/22
to OpenQuake Users
Today we released version 3.11.5 that fixes a bug when exporting the "Asset Loss Maps Statistics" in classical_risk calculations, happening only in rare cases (reported here: https://groups.google.com/g/openquake-users/c/EAZN18jID9I/m/-bJbYhJ1BAAJ)

  Michele Simionato on behalf of the OpenQuake team.

Sujan Raj Adhikari

Feb 13, 2022, 10:54:14 AM2/13/22
to OpenQuake Users
Thanks

roosm...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2022, 2:29:15 AM2/18/22
to OpenQuake Users
I tried to install this version [from https://github.com/gem/oq-engine/tree/engine-3.11] on OS Mac Mojave, however, OQ version 3.12.1 is installed.
Would you please point me to what could be the problem?
Thanks!

-Nova

Michele Simionato

Feb 21, 2022, 3:49:43 AM2/21/22
to OpenQuake Users
I you are using the universal installer please specify --version=3.11 when launching the installer.

         Michele