difference of AAL between classical and event-based risk calculation

dyn...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2021, 7:01:09 PM1/11/21
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

I was trying to compute a probabilistic loss curve using the ebrisk calculator. Before doing the risk calculation, I computed hazard curve using event-based hazard calculator, and confirmed that the resulting curve was close to one based on classical hazard calculator. However I failed to get the loss value (AAL) close to that from classical risk calculation even though I used the same parameter values of ses_per_logic_tree_path and number_of_logic_tree_samples. I increased the parameter values, but the loss values did not change much. When I compared AAL for each building between the two calculations, loss values (structural) from ebrisk are only 3% of those from classical risk calculation, which seems very strange to me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Hyeuk