Economic loss analysis

Bibek Shrestha

Sep 16, 2021, 4:39:49 AM9/16/21
to OpenQuake Users
Hi! If I wanted generate a damage distribution map and perform economic loss analysis, which risk module should I use?

I'm trying to run a classical probabilistic seismic risk analysis, but I'm getting error:

KeyError: "Missing dtype for field 'site_id'"

I have a sites.csv file with the following headers:

site_id | lon| lat

Is it something wrong I'm doing with sites.csv, or am I being an idiot in another way entirely?

Thanks.

Peter Pažák

Sep 18, 2021, 12:43:11 PM9/18/21
to OpenQuake Users
Hi, he sites.csv should not have a header and it should have only one lon/lat pair per row e.g.:

179.0,90.0
178.0,89.0

(page 60 in the manual)

Dátum: štvrtok 16. septembra 2021, čas: 10:39:49 UTC+2, odosielateľ: bibe...@gmail.com

Bibek Shrestha

Sep 18, 2021, 2:01:33 PM9/18/21
to OpenQuake Users
Hi Peter, thanks for replying.

I was using site.csv example from table 4.4 and it works sometimes. Is there different format to be used for different scenarios?

Peter Pažák

Sep 19, 2021, 12:19:54 AM9/19/21
to OpenQuake Users
Table 4.4 is an example of the engine output (useful for associating site id with lat/lon), please use
sites_csv = sites.csv

including lon,lat without a header

179.0,90.0
178.0,89.0
etc. or

site_model = site_model.csv

with a minimum of three columns with headers

lon,lat,vs30
80.08882,28.86117,600.0
80.08882,28.93617,600.0

If jusing just sites.csv, you need to specify default site parameters in the ini:

[site_params]
reference_vs30_type = measured
reference_vs30_value = 600.0
reference_depth_to_2pt5km_per_sec = 5.0
reference_depth_to_1pt0km_per_sec = 100.0

All this is described in the manual, I would say if you go through that you will have an idea what to use when...

Peter

Dátum: sobota 18. septembra 2021, čas: 20:01:33 UTC+2, odosielateľ: bibe...@gmail.com