Error when changing the sites file

mr.matth...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 5:02:44 AMSep 16
to OpenQuake Users
Hello,

I have an issue with an OpenQuake event-based run causing the error message:
"openquake.hazardlib.geo.utils.BBoxError: The bounding box of the sources is larger than half the globe: 359 degrees"

I've performed two runs, with the only change being the sites file ("sites_csv" entry in job file). The SSM and general setup in both runs is the same. One of them succeeds, the other one does not.

I'm not quite sure what the error message indicates since the sources between both runs are not different?

Thanks,
Matt

OQ 3.11.3 installed on Windows 64 bit with Windows installer

Michele Simionato

Sep 16, 2021, 5:15:56 AMSep 16
to OpenQuake Users
This error could mean that you have some sites very close to the North Pole or the Internation Date Line or something like that. I cannot say more without having the input files.

      Michele Simionato

mr.matth...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 5:28:18 AMSep 16
to OpenQuake Users