problem installing openquake

Mehdi Sadeghi

Oct 28, 2012, 1:42:14 PM10/28/12
to openqu...@googlegroups.com
Dear all
sorry for opening this topic here...no body on OpenQuake user group help me in this error so i have to open it here.

I installed OpenQuake few month ago on my Laptop now I want to install it on another Laptap with Ubuntu 12.04.
as follows:

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openquake/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openquake/12.04
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install python-oq

when I run the 4th line code I got some error as below:
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net quantal/main Sources 404 Not Found
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net quantal/main amd64 Packages 404 Not Found
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net quantal/main amd64 Packages 404 Not Found

Err http://ppa.launchpad.net quantal/main Sources 404 Not Found
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net quantal/main amd64 Packages 404 Not Found

I know these error related to the web site but any suggestion to solve?
thank you

Muharem Hrnjadovic

Oct 28, 2012, 3:20:54 PM10/28/12
to openqu...@googlegroups.com, Mehdi Sadeghi
On 10/28/2012 06:42 PM, Mehdi Sadeghi wrote:
> Dear all
Assalamu aleykum Mahdi,

> sorry for opening this topic here...no body on OpenQuake user group help me in this error so i have to open it here.
Sorry about that .. let's see whether we can work out things this time
around :-)

> I installed OpenQuake few month ago on my Laptop now I want to install it on another Laptap with Ubuntu 12.04.
> as follows:
>
> sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openquake/ppa
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openquake/12.04
The command above is not needed any more.

> *sudo apt-get update*
> sudo apt-get install python-oq
>
> when I run the 4th line code I got some error as below:
> Err http://ppa.launchpad.net <http://ppa.launchpad.net/> quantal/main Sources 404 Not Found
> Err http://ppa.launchpad.net <http://ppa.launchpad.net/> quantal/main amd64 Packages 404 Not Found
> Err http://ppa.launchpad.net <http://ppa.launchpad.net/> quantal/main amd64 Packages 404 Not Found
>
> Err http://ppa.launchpad.net <http://ppa.launchpad.net/> quantal/main Sources 404 Not Found
> Err http://ppa.launchpad.net <http://ppa.launchpad.net/> quantal/main amd64 Packages 404 Not Found

From the errors above I guess that the machine is running ubuntu 12.10
(quantal quetzal) and *not* ubuntu 12.04 (precise pangolin).

Due to limited resources we only support ubuntu 12.04 (a long term
support release (LTS)) at present.

In other words try installing OpenQuake on ubuntu 12.04 and we can
support you until the system runs as expected :-)

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen

--
Muharem Hrnjadovic <m...@foldr3.com>
Public key id : B2BBFCFC

signature.asc

Mehdi Sadeghi

Oct 30, 2012, 2:09:52 PM10/30/12
to openqu...@googlegroups.com, Mehdi Sadeghi

Dear Muharem
va aleykomosalam
you're right it was ubuntu 12.10!
I changed it to ubuntu 12.04 and it works....!