Running openquakue 0.8.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Sriram

Mar 1, 2013, 10:38:20 AM3/1/13
to openqu...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

I have installed openquake recently on my laptop following the online instructions https://github.com/gem/oq-engine/wiki/Running-the-OpenQuake-Engine-from-a-git-repository
Now when I try to run an analysis. I get the following output in the terminal.

sriram@sriram-K56CM:~/oq-engine$ ./bin/openquake \ --config-file=demos/simple_fault_demo_hazard/config.gem \ --output-type=xml \ --log-level=debug
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bin/openquake", line 73, in <module>
    from openquake.engine.utils import config
ImportError: No module named engine.utils

Following this error, I checked the folder oq-engine/openquake/engine/utils and there is a file config.py and .pyc. But why the import error saying there is no module named engine.utils? Please advice.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
Sriram

Lars Butler

Mar 4, 2013, 8:32:31 AM3/4/13
to openqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sriram,

After meeting with you today, it's clear that our documentation needs updating. Sorry about that! We appreciate your feedback and will be updating the documentation shortly.

Let us know if you need any more help.

For reference, the problem was that oq-hazardlib was installed to /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages, and this was causing import/path conflicts. The solution was to simply remove this package.

Cheers,
Lars

Sriram

Mar 4, 2013, 9:15:43 AM3/4/13
to openqu...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lars,

Thank you very much for your time. I will keep reporting any queries that might help you develop documentation.

Best regards,
Sriram