"..." w/ var.args

Gary

Aug 11, 2009, 12:13:53 PM8/11/09
to OpenQM-OpenSource
To all:

I seem to be having some trouble with the use of ellipsis in
reference to subroutines. I need to write a subroutine that may have
1 to the maximum number of arguments. It mentions in the docs that
you can use an ellipsis (...) to indicate an unspecified # of
arguments, but I have been unable to find a syntax that the compiler
likes. Can anyone give me an example that will compile?

Thanks in advance,

GaryW

Diccon

Aug 11, 2009, 2:27:30 PM8/11/09
to OpenQM-OpenSource

Ok had to search the whole PDF to find what you might mean. I think
what your referring to only applies to Object orientated QM functions,
not standard subroutines. I've not tried OO QM at all myself. Probably
should give it a go seeing as I'm a Native Java man :)

I will get back to you on how to use it, once i've tried. But i can
tell you now, the
SUBROUTINE MyNameSub(PARAM1, PARAM2)
Line at the top of normal subs can't take special (...) syntax, as far
as I know. Someone may correct me.

-Diccon

Gary

Aug 11, 2009, 4:34:38 PM8/11/09
to OpenQM-OpenSource
I'm TRYING it in OO subroutines :-) That's where I'm having a
problem.
I'm just trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if it's
a bug.

GaryW

Diccon

Aug 13, 2009, 5:30:20 PM8/13/09
to OpenQM-OpenSource
Gotcha, sorry. Wasn't 100% sure if it was OO QM you were intending to
write.
As I said, not done any myself, but will give it a go. See if I can
get you an example.

-Diccon